7.29.2009

CEF's Product of the week- Alba cocoa butter hand and body lotion


Cocoa butter has always been one of my favorite moisturizers. It maximizes and extends my tan, smells yummy, absorbs naturally, helps my skin retain moisture, and even prevents and diminishes the appearance of stretch marks. Before I became the Eco Freak I am today, I used all of the typical drugstore cocoa butter brands like Palmer’s and Queen Helene. While both of these labels use real cocoa butter and are most definitely wallet friendly, they also contain carcinogens and other chemical contaminants such as parabens (see upcoming post). The following is a full list of ingredients present in one of these popular cocoa butter lotions: Deionized Water, Cocoa Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Palm Oil, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Fragrance, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, CI 19140, and CI 15510. Wow! It looks like a whole other language right!? Ingredient lists like this can be intimidating so people typically just choose to ignore them (twenty bucks-you just scanned past this one!) Trust me, I totally get that most of us have very busy lives and just don’t have the time to stop and read labels or research ingredients all day, and I understand the whole ignorance is bliss adage... but in the case of prolonged exposure to carcinogens and other toxins, ignorance can equal disease or even death! No need to worry though... that's why I created The Chic Eco Freak. So I can break it all down for you. So stay posted for in depth descriptions of the dangers of many of the above ingredients and more. In the meantime try out this paraben free, 100% vegetarian cocoa butter lotion by Alba Botanica (summer essential #7) that still won’t break the bank. Not only is it safe for daily use but it smells and works even better than its predecessors. Bonus: it’ll keep that summer tan you’ve been working on glowing well into fall! Cop some today @ Vitacost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents...